Here’s a simple question for you.
What is the area most people talk about when they want to firm up, lose weight and look good?
Abdominals of course.
You hear of people wanting to trim down their waistline – wishing for “6 Pack Abs”. No muscle group is more noticeable for men or woman than their abs. Getting firm abdominals is simpler than you may think. Even if you have a flabby stomach, you can reverse this “excess baggage” and reveal a more chiseled midsection you always hoped for.
Tips to sculpt your midsection:
1. Be active - Move whenever you can.
2. Perform core and functional exercises.
3. Stay Focused.
When you exercise your abs, focus on your midsection. Don’t just “go through the motions”. Picture your stomach getting smaller, tighter and stronger..
4. Tense your abs
Like any muscle you train, squeezing the muscle on contraction results in the best training effect.
Your abdominals are no different. for best results do the following;
When working the Rectus Abdominus:
Tighten or Tense your abs and push out your belly button during the concentric action shortening the distance between your ribs and pelvis. This is key - and is referred to as “Hollowing”, which is the opposite of sucking in your gut.
When working the Obliques & Transverse Abdominals:
5. Always engage your stomach muscles.
Lift your chest and suck in your gut when you walk. Do tummy tucks and perform the Vacuum exercise. Eventually this will take some time to get used to, but if you do this religiously you will see results in no time.
6. Eat the right foods.
This is a must. You have to lose body fat, not weight, in order to “see” your abs and this can only happen when you eat high quality foods. This will help you control your blood sugar levels, insulin levels, and energy levels. Insulin management will help you lose fat and prevent you from gaining fat.
Six-Pack Killer Abs are a result of low body fat not training.
7. Eat 5 or 6 properly balanced meals per day
Emphasis is on lean proteins, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Sources of healthy fats included nuts, fish, olive oil, and flax oil. Remember that nuts are high in calories so be careful you do not over do it.
8. Get enough sleep.
Ensure you get enough sleep consistently.
9. Incorporate Resistance training.
Perform strength training with moderate to heavy weights. This includes strengthening your midsection with added resistance. Not only will this tighten your abs, but will help to boost your metabolism making your body a fat burning machine.
10. High Intensity Interval Cardiovascular Exercise
This is the best way to burn fat. It also improves cardiorespiratory fitness.
An added benefit is that high intensity interval training takes less time than regular aerobic conditioning.
If you follow these 10 tips, you can achieve maximal abdominal development. And remember that when you tighten your abs, the rest of the body will follow.
The Biggest Ab Mistakes
1.Eating too big of portions – moderation is the key.
2. Spot Reduction does not work – you need to lose fat.
3.You have an unbalanced diet – focus on 5 or 6 balanced meals per day.
4. Lack of concentration – aiming for reps rather than technique.
5. Not drinking enough water – water helps flush out waste products.
6. No training variety – vary the exercises and work the whole core – keep your body guessing.
7. Poor Cardio Sessions. Moderate to High intensity workouts are necessary.
8. Working your Hip Flexors rather than your Abs – your trunk only flexes a maximum of 45 degrees, any more and you are using your hip flexors. Focus on crunches, planks and core exercises rather than sit ups.
9. Too much alcohol – hey beer is great but drink in moderation if you want to get rid of the beer belly.
10. Lack of sleep – rest is a prerequisite for optimal results.
Post a Comment