Tuesday, June 24, 2014
The new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, takes effect July 1, 2014 and has significant implications on how we are able to communicate with you. Without your express permission, we cannot send any electronic communication that promotes an event, service, or newsletter that may benefit you.
I want to stay in touch with you! And I want you to keep receiving Dynabody Total Fitness free insight and advice on Fitness and Health. I also want to keep you up to date on upcoming classes and events like our Dynabody Summer Fitness Classes.
Please email me directly at Dynabody@gmail.com to confirm your subscription to Dynabody Fitness & Health Inc. e-newsletters.
For all those subscribing to the newsletter, your email address will be entered for a prizes including 1 month of free DTF Summer classes (50% off full summer classes), t-shirts, and more….
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Feeling Down? Can’t get motivated? Stressed out? Getting Old?
Once you have started working out your attitude will definitely change. I see it every time after one of my fitness classes.
A study at the University of North Carolina found that seniors who did regular cardio workouts had brain scans similar to those from much younger adults. Not only does the more blood and oxygen that gets to your brain keep your memory sharp and clear, the chemical changes in the brain improves mood and reduces stress and anxiety. After you do a workout you feel much better about ourselves. Negative thought patterns are replaced with positive ones making you confident and happy.
As you continue to do this you become more optimistic, which not only improves your quality of life but your longevity. Optimists are said to experience higher levels of physical and mental functioning. Based on a Mayo Clinic Study by Dr. Toshihiko Maruta, optimistic people decrease their risk of early death by 50% compared to those that were more pessimistic!
So, if you haven’t yet, your goal is to make exercise a priority in your life.
You are NOT too busy to exercise, if you are, well, it’s time to STOP and reevaluate!
- First, you must change your mindset. Exercise is for the long run, not short-term. You need to integrate your physical activity into your life for all the years to come. It is YOUR responsibility to stay in shape , to keep your brain and bodies in good working order so you can enjoy doing the physical activities you want to do.
- Pay yourself first. If you schedule a certain time to exercise commit.
- Wake up early and exercise in the morning before the day begins.
- Go to the gym. By changing into your exercise gear at t place designed for working out makes it easier to get going and committing.
- Get a workout partner. A good friend or family member to provide support.
- Take the dog out for a run or bike ride. Try and keep up with your pet!
- Hire a trainer or take a fitness class that challenges and motivates you.
- Do it with intensity. This includes any cardiovascular exercise. Working at a High Intensity is superior to low intensity. If you are strapped for time a 30 minute High Intensity Resistance training workout will do more for the body than a 90 minute slow steady-state cardio workout!
- Aim for at least two muscle strengthening workouts a week . Get stronger doing squats, lunges, deadlifts, chest presses, rows and pull-ups. Rev up your metabolism - a single pound of muscle burns up to 50 calories a day. (A pound of fat only 3).
- Focus on what you are doing. Contract the muscle under tension, push to fatigue, exhale on exertion. Make it count! Compete, not chat with your buddy, Leave the socializing when you are done.
Friday, June 13, 2014
I’d like to thank all the Dynabods that participated in the Winter & Spring Dynabody Total Fitness Classes. I know they enjoyed their time.... I sure did! We sure do have a great group!
Here's some of the comments:
"It's not intimidating, its fun and always feel like I had a great workout after"
"Very accommodating and friendly"
"Knows what he is doing and pushed ya"
"So much fun while working out, getting in shape and learning about fitness"
"Ability to adapt"
"Love the Strength training and variety"
I know it's hard to come to class when it's nice out - here's a bunch that survived the last Spring Class - more to come next week as the Summer classes start outdoors!